Working Outside Your Home
All of us need money to pay our bills but BEFORE you choose to take on a job, ask yourself:
- How safe am I working in this environment?
- What practices have I put in place to safeguard my life and the lives of others, in particular high-risks groups such as young children, people with chronic health conditions and the elderly?
Why keep a distance?
To reduce the chances of catching the virus and passing it to someone else.
- Protect yourself and others – you may feel fine and not show the symptoms but you might infect others, especially those who are vulnerable.
- Picking up delivery food orders is NOT a meetup. Keep your distance at all times – 1.5 metres apart.
- When you meet other people, do NOT shake hands, keep the 1.5 metres distance and keep your mask on.
- You could show no symptoms but be mindful that you can still be a carrier of the virus.
Hand Sanitiser & Personal Hygiene
REMEMBER: Always have hand sanitisers to use. You may not have access to wash your hands.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap as soon as you get into your house
- When you get home, remove your work clothes and immediately put them straight into the wash. Ensure you have a shower
- Sanitise your shoes if you take them into the house or leave the shoes outside
- Sanitise the outside of your bags before bringing them into the house
What to do when you show symptoms
Be responsible and if you are displaying any symptoms such as high fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, please do NOT leave your home. Self-isolate.
- If you are in a shared room please work out an arrangement with your housemates so that they are all protected. You can be a DANGER to others.
- Ask your friends to help you with food and groceries. Remain in your room until you recover!
If you are feeling unwell and suspect exposure to COVID-19, consider the options you have under your OSHC or OVHS COVER.
Overseas students and visitors should call ahead to a GP or contact the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
Let’s all use the gifts of our lives to make this world a better place especially at this time.
Let’s All Be Responsible.