International Student Tenancy Outreach Program

Support for international students

If you are an international student living in a shared house arrangement, there is a chance it could be a Rooming House.

What is a Rooming House?

A rooming house is a building where one or more rooms are available to rent, and four or more people in total can occupy those rooms.

If you are living in a similar arrangement and are facing tenancy issues, you can reach out to an Outreach Worker at Tenants Victoria, via the International Student Tenancy Outreach Program.

Their Outreach Worker, Divvya Sivarajah, can give you a call or meet face-to-face to assess your support needs and provide you with information and resources to make an informed decision. Additionally, she can refer you to free and confidential legal advice if need be.

To get in touch with her, fill this Google form, and she will get in touch with you shortly.

The International Student Tenancy Outreach Program is supported by Study Melbourne’s International Student Welfare Program, a Victorian Government initiative.